Join us for our virtual Wildlife and Heritage Workshop hosted by Emma-Jane Leeson.
Emma-Jane brings her highly acclaimed Wildlife and Heritage Workshop into your home.
This 45 minute virtual workshop will educate your children on Irish wildlife and heritage in a super-fun way!
They will also receive a fun workbook to download have fun with.
It’s the home-school saviour you’ve been waiting for!
When Is It On?
Monday mornings @ 10:00am GMT
How Can We Join?
Your child will need access to the internet and one of the following to watch the workshop: smart phone, laptop, computer, tablet or smart TV
How Much Does It Cost?
The 45 minute virtual workshop costs just €5 which is redeemable off any Johnny Magory products on www.JohnnyMagory.com
How Does It Work?
You’ll receive an email with a link to the virtual Zoom meeting on purchase. You’ll also receive a secret coupon code for you to claim your €5 back off any Johnny Magory products.
What Do We Need To Join In?
Nothing! Just your Little Explorer and a device they can use for 45 minutes!
“Belle and Luke tuned in to the Johnny Magory workshop this morning and loved it – loads of fun and great for sparking an interest in Irish wildlife. Definitely recommend checking out” – Noeleen 27/04/2020
Our events are educational and full of fun and adventure about Irish wildlife & heritage.
- Expected outcome for participants: The purpose of the Johnny Magory books is quite simply to get children outside exploring. The aim is to educate them about Irish wildlife, heritage and culture through the stories and illustrations. Emma-Jane uses her engaging style to encourage a love of nature and Irish heritage.
- Audience: This workshop is suitable for children 4 – 8 years old.
- Location: Wherever they are comfortable in their home.
- Supporting material (Free to download before or after the event): www.JohnnyMagory.com/Fun-Stuff/
Key points covered
Introduction to the children, what is an author, where I get my ideas, when I started writing etc.
Within the 45 minutes, we’ll read 3 Johnny Magory stories, exploring 3 different areas of Irish heritage and culture.
- In each book, we spend time after it on the ‘Who am I’ animal page at the end of the book – topical facts about the different species
- ‘Outdoor Explorer Guide’ – how, when and where to use
- Comments/ Q&A on book
- Short Movement Break between each book (including a spot of Irish dancing!)
Our Johnny Magory Adventure stories are:
- The Magical Wild
- The Game of Rounders
- The Wild Water Race
- The Forest Fleadh Cheoil
Find out more about our books here.
Here’s what people are saying about our workshops:
“Emma- Jane came to do a reading with the children in the junior end of our school. She really brought the characters and stories to life and the children thoroughly enjoyed it. They learned so much about Irish wildlife from her visit too. Can’t wait to have her back to Milltown NS when she can fit us in” – Barbara
Click here to read a further review and watch snippets of Emma-Jane’s recent visit to the Assisted Learning Unit of Prosperous National School.
If you’d like to attend, simply scroll back up and click “Add to Cart”.
We REALLY look forward to e-meeting you and having some Johnny Magory style fun.