Virtual Workshop For Primary and National Schools
We are delighted to offer schools across Ireland and beyond our virtual Wildlife and Heritage Workshop.
Emma-Jane brings her highly acclaimed Wildlife and Heritage Workshop into the home of students across the country via a secure Zoom webinar.
This 60 minute virtual workshop will educate your children on Irish wildlife and heritage in a super-fun way!
They will also receive a fun workbook to download have fun with.
The workshop is designed to compliment and assist home-schooling during this unsure time.
When Is It On?
Emma-Jane and Amanda will book in a time and date suitable to the school.
How Can Our Students Join?
Your students will need access to the internet and one of the following to watch the Zoom workshop: smart phone, laptop, computer, tablet or smart TV
How Much Does It Cost?
POA – please email hello at Johnny Magory dot com for details.
How Does It Work?
The school will receive an email with a link to the virtual Zoom meeting on purchase. This link can then be shared securely with your students along with the time and date of the session. Parents and Guardians of students will also have the opportunity to order books at discounted rates for the children.
What Do Students Need To Join In?
Nothing! Just a comfy seat at home, their listening ears on and an internet enabled device they can use for 60 minutes!
“Belle and Luke tuned in to the Johnny Magory workshop this morning and loved it – loads of fun and great for sparking an interest in Irish wildlife. Definitely recommend checking out” – Noeleen 27/04/2020
Our events are educational and full of fun and adventure about Irish wildlife & heritage.
- Expected outcome for participants: The purpose of the Johnny Magory books is quite simply to get children outside exploring. The aim is to educate them about Irish wildlife, heritage and culture through the stories and illustrations. Emma-Jane uses her engaging style to encourage a love of nature and Irish heritage.
- Audience: This workshop is suitable for children 4 – 8 years old.
- Location: Wherever they are comfortable in their home.
- Supporting material (Free to download before or after the event): www.JohnnyMagory.com/Fun-Stuff/
Please note, a writing workshop for senior classes is available also.
Key points covered
Introduction to the children, what is an author, where I get my ideas, when I started writing etc.
Within the 60 minutes, we’ll read 3 Johnny Magory stories, exploring 3 different areas of Irish heritage and culture.
- In each book, we spend time after it on the ‘Who am I’ animal page at the end of the book – topical facts about the different species
- ‘Outdoor Explorer Guide’ – how, when and where to use
- Comments/ Q&A on book
- Short Movement Break between each book (including a spot of Irish dancing!)
Our Johnny Magory Adventure stories are:
- The Magical Wild
- The Game of Rounders
- The Wild Water Race
- The Forest Fleadh Cheoil
Find out more about our books here.
Here’s what people are saying about our workshops:
“Emma- Jane came to do a reading with the children in the junior end of our school. She really brought the characters and stories to life and the children thoroughly enjoyed it. They learned so much about Irish wildlife from her visit too. Can’t wait to have her back to Milltown NS when she can fit us in” – Barbara
Click here to read a further review and watch snippets of Emma-Jane’s recent visit to the Assisted Learning Unit of Prosperous National School.
If you’d like to get more information and book for your school, simply scroll back up and click “Add to Cart”.
We REALLY look forward to e-meeting you and having some Johnny Magory style fun.